Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 0.6% higher against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on October 13th. Ethereum Classic has a total market cap of $6.97 billion and approximately $788.28 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be purchased for about $53.51 or 0.00092035 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. Over the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded 1% lower against the dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $3,619.32 or 0.06225584 BTC.
- Super Zero Protocol (SERO) traded 6.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00000272 BTC.
- Callisto Network (CLO) traded up 10.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0127 or 0.00000022 BTC.
- Etho Protocol (ETHO) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0788 or 0.00000136 BTC.
- Ether Zero (ETZ) traded down 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0012 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Ellaism (ELLA) traded 106.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0012 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Bitcoiin (B2G) traded 3.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0006 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Elementrem (ELE) traded up 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0010 or 0.00000006 BTC.
- Akroma (AKA) traded 58.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0012 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Money Plant Token (MPT) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0006 or 0.00000001 BTC.
About Ethereum Classic
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can't shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.