Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded down 4.2% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 16:00 PM Eastern on September 28th. One Zcash coin can now be purchased for approximately $102.06 or 0.00245418 BTC on major exchanges. Over the last week, Zcash has traded 10.3% lower against the dollar. Zcash has a market capitalization of $1.30 billion and $186.14 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $50.94 or 0.00122484 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $63.47 or 0.00152621 BTC.
- Pirate Chain (ARRR) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.12 or 0.00005095 BTC.
- Alchemy Pay (ACH) traded 5.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0591 or 0.00000142 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded down 3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.22 or 0.00002946 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0006 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00000459 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 4.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00000293 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded 7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0624 or 0.00000150 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded down 3.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0183 or 0.00000044 BTC.
Zcash Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Zcash Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Zcash should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Zcash using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.