Bitcoin Gold (CURRENCY:BTG) traded down 2.5% against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 12:00 PM Eastern on April 17th. Bitcoin Gold has a total market capitalization of $1.92 billion and approximately $75.84 million worth of Bitcoin Gold was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Bitcoin Gold coin can currently be purchased for $109.46 or 0.00180780 BTC on major exchanges. In the last week, Bitcoin Gold has traded 10% lower against the US dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $273.78 or 0.00452181 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded 6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $118.49 or 0.00195699 BTC.
- Pirate Chain (ARRR) traded up 38.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.11 or 0.00005142 BTC.
- Alchemy Pay (ACH) traded 5.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0125 or 0.00000021 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 26.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.48 or 0.00000788 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded down 7.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.93 or 0.00001530 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded up 7.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0004 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00000583 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded down 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0303 or 0.00000050 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded 96.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0121 or 0.00000020 BTC.
Bitcoin Gold Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “BTG is a cryptocurrency with Bitcoin fundamentals, mined on common GPUs instead of specialty ASICs. This type of equipment tend to monopolize mining to a few big players, but GPU mining means anyone can mine again – restoring decentralization and independence. GPU mining rewards go to individuals worldwide, instead of mostly to ASIC warehouse owners, recreating network effects that Bitcoin used to have. “
Buying and Selling Bitcoin Gold
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin Gold directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Bitcoin Gold should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Bitcoin Gold using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Gold Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin Gold and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.