Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 19.6% lower against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 8:00 AM Eastern on April 16th. Over the last week, Namecoin has traded 50.5% higher against the US dollar. Namecoin has a total market capitalization of $36.35 million and approximately $105,555.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $2.47 or 0.00004057 BTC on exchanges.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $60,806.40 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 10.1% against the dollar and now trades at $891.93 or 0.01466829 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded up 6.3% against the dollar and now trades at $345.80 or 0.00568682 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHA) traded 4.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $40.89 or 0.00067244 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.16 or 0.00001906 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded down 29.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00000175 BTC.
- DragonVein (DVC) traded 3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00000221 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 12.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00000276 BTC.
- Color Platform (CLR) traded up 46% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0120 or 0.00000020 BTC.
- DAOBet (BET) traded 5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0093 or 0.00000015 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.