News stories about Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU) have trended negative recently, InfoTrie reports. The research group identifies negative and positive media coverage by monitoring more than six thousand blog and news sources. The firm ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative five to positive five, with scores closest to five being the most favorable. Baidu earned a media sentiment score of -2.20 on their scale. InfoTrie also assigned news headlines about the information services provider an news buzz score of 0 out of 10, meaning that recent media coverage is extremely unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the near term.
Here are some of the media stories that may have effected Baidu’s ranking:
- Baidu chief calls for greater use of AI, 5G in more sectors – ecns (ecns.cn)
- Baidu’s net profit surges in first quarter despite COVID-19 – Xinhua | English.news.cn – Xinhua (xinhuanet.com)
- Baidu chief calls for greater use of AI, 5G in more sectors – ???? (global.chinadaily.com.cn)
- BAIDU LOSS ALERT: ROSEN, A TOP RANKED INVESTOR FIRM, Reminds Baidu, Inc. Investors of Important Deadline in Class Action – BIDU – Business Wire (businesswire.com)
- Baidu Mulls Nasdaq Delisting Amid Growing U.S. Scrutiny of China Stocks (barrons.com)
NASDAQ BIDU opened at $103.32 on Friday. Baidu has a 52 week low of $82.00 and a 52 week high of $147.38. The company has a quick ratio of 2.89, a current ratio of 2.89 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.34. The business’s fifty day simple moving average is $100.30 and its 200-day simple moving average is $116.02. The firm has a market cap of $38.05 billion, a PE ratio of 102.30, a P/E/G ratio of 2.55 and a beta of 1.42.
Baidu, Inc provides Internet search services in China and internationally. It operates through two segments, Baidu Core and iQIYI. The Baidu Core segment offers products for uses, including Baidu App to access search, feed, and other services using mobile devices; Baidu Search to access its search and other services through its other properties and Union partners; Baidu Feed that provides users with personalized timeline based on their demographics and interests; Haokan, a short video app; and Quanmin, a flash video app for users to create and share short videos.
Further Reading: Nikkei 225 Index
Receive News & Ratings for Baidu Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Baidu and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.