News articles about CNOOC (NYSE:CEO) have trended positive on Friday, according to InfoTrie Sentiment. The research group scores the sentiment of media coverage by analyzing more than six thousand news and blog sources in real time. The firm ranks coverage of companies on a scale of -5 to 5, with scores closest to five being the most favorable. CNOOC earned a news impact score of 2.29 on their scale. InfoTrie also assigned news coverage about the oil and gas company an news buzz score of 10 out of 10, indicating that recent media coverage is extremely likely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the next few days.
Here are some of the media stories that may have impacted CNOOC’s score:
- Shell Profits Highest in Four Years as CEO Vows Continued Capital Discipline (naturalgasintel.com)
- Iraq signs deal with China’s CNOOC for seismic survey in oil blocks (theglobeandmail.com)
- UPDATE 1-Iraq signs deal with China’s CNOOC for seismic surveys of two oil blocks (reuters.com)
- Mr Zheng Hongtao of CNOOC moves to China’s ENN (steelguru.com)
- CNOOC (CEO) Earning Favorable Press Coverage, Study Finds (americanbankingnews.com)
Shares of CNOOC stock opened at $167.29 on Friday. The company has a market capitalization of $73.73 billion, a P/E ratio of 17.99, a P/E/G ratio of 0.38 and a beta of 1.17. The company has a quick ratio of 2.52, a current ratio of 2.63 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.33. CNOOC has a 52 week low of $135.86 and a 52 week high of $202.38.
CNOOC Limited, an investment holding company, explores for, develops, produces, and sells crude oil, natural gas, and other petroleum products. It operates through Exploration and Production, and Trading Business segments. The company produces offshore crude oil and natural gas primarily in Bohai, Western South China Sea, Eastern South China Sea, and East China Sea in offshore China.
Featured Article: What are earnings reports?
Receive News & Ratings for CNOOC Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for CNOOC and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.