FIS (NYSE: FIS) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 5/9/2018 – FIS had its price target raised by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings from $105.00 to $118.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 5/9/2018 – FIS had its price target raised by analysts at Credit Suisse Group from $113.00 to $115.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 5/2/2018 – FIS had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup from $112.00 to $114.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 5/2/2018 – FIS was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 4/10/2018 – FIS was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Fidelity National Information Services have underperformed the industry, over the past six months. While earnings estimates for the to-be-reported quarter have not seen any revision lately, the company displays an impressive earnings surprise history. It surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate for earnings in each of the trailing four quarters. The company remains well positioned for growth backed by its attractive core business with a recurring revenue model, digitization, diversified product portfolio, benefits from strategic acquisitions, as well as several ongoing strategic initiatives. It anticipates 2018 adjusted earnings per share in the band of $5.10-$5.30, reflecting an increase of about 15-20% year over year. However, the company remains exposed to significant competition from new entrants.”
- 4/5/2018 – FIS had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stephens. They now have a $114.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of FIS stock opened at $103.82 on Friday. FIS has a fifty-two week low of $104.23 and a fifty-two week high of $104.75. The stock has a market cap of $34.70 billion, a PE ratio of 23.49, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.67 and a beta of 0.91. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.76, a quick ratio of 0.98 and a current ratio of 0.98.
FIS (NYSE:FIS) last released its earnings results on Tuesday, May 1st. The information technology services provider reported $1.09 EPS for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.05 by $0.04. FIS had a return on equity of 14.98% and a net margin of 15.26%. The firm had revenue of $2.07 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $2.04 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $0.86 earnings per share. The company’s revenue was down 3.8% compared to the same quarter last year. sell-side analysts predict that FIS will post 5.22 EPS for the current year.
In related news, EVP James W. Woodall sold 87,195 shares of FIS stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, March 13th. The stock was sold at an average price of $100.60, for a total transaction of $8,771,817.00. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at the SEC website. Also, EVP Lenore D. Williams sold 7,843 shares of FIS stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, May 16th. The stock was sold at an average price of $104.56, for a total value of $820,064.08. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold 971,112 shares of company stock valued at $96,637,336 in the last ninety days. Corporate insiders own 2.08% of the company’s stock.
Several institutional investors have recently added to or reduced their stakes in the stock. BlackRock Inc. lifted its holdings in shares of FIS by 4.1% during the fourth quarter. BlackRock Inc. now owns 23,023,845 shares of the information technology services provider’s stock worth $2,166,312,000 after purchasing an additional 902,343 shares during the period. Longview Partners Guernsey LTD lifted its holdings in shares of FIS by 2.6% during the fourth quarter. Longview Partners Guernsey LTD now owns 10,286,362 shares of the information technology services provider’s stock worth $967,844,000 after purchasing an additional 260,420 shares during the period. Geode Capital Management LLC lifted its holdings in shares of FIS by 12.7% during the fourth quarter. Geode Capital Management LLC now owns 3,867,642 shares of the information technology services provider’s stock worth $363,203,000 after purchasing an additional 434,891 shares during the period. Boston Partners lifted its holdings in shares of FIS by 3.3% during the fourth quarter. Boston Partners now owns 3,833,756 shares of the information technology services provider’s stock worth $360,719,000 after purchasing an additional 122,836 shares during the period. Finally, Goldman Sachs Group Inc. lifted its holdings in shares of FIS by 33.7% during the fourth quarter. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. now owns 3,396,654 shares of the information technology services provider’s stock worth $319,591,000 after purchasing an additional 857,041 shares during the period. 87.48% of the stock is owned by hedge funds and other institutional investors.
Fidelity National Information Services, Inc operates as a financial services technology company in the United States and internationally. It operates through Integrated Financial Solutions and Global Financial Solutions segments. The Integrated Financial Solutions segment offers core processing and ancillary applications; digital solutions, including Internet, mobile, and e-banking; fraud, risk management, and compliance solutions; electronic funds transfer and network services; card and retail solutions; corporate liquidity and wealth management services; item processing and output services; government payments solutions; and e-payment solutions.
Receive News & Ratings for FIS Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for FIS and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.