News stories about Covidien (NYSE:COV) have trended somewhat positive this week, according to Accern. The research firm scores the sentiment of media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Covidien earned a daily sentiment score of 0.19 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned news coverage about the healthcare company an impact score of 45.9654673191844 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company’s share price in the near term.
These are some of the media stories that may have impacted Accern Sentiment Analysis’s analysis:
- Weight Loss Diet Global Market 2018: Key Players – Atkins Nutritionals, Herbalife, Nutrisystem, Ethicon, Covidien (openpr.com)
- Soft Tissue Repair Market to Witness a Pronounce Growth by 2025 (emailwire.com)
- Smoking is the major cause of an Ischemic stroke? (emailwire.com)
- Medtronic to Grow on Strong Fundamentals, High Costs a Woe (finance.yahoo.com)
- Peripheral Stent Market by Key Companies Profile, Supply, Demand, Cost Structure and Forecast 2022 – Biotronik, Lifetech, Vascular, Covidien, Stryker (openpr.com)
Shares of Covidien stock remained flat at $$106.71 during midday trading on Monday. Covidien has a 12 month low of $65.97 and a 12 month high of $108.57.
Covidien Public Limited Company is a healthcare products company. The Company is engaged in the development, manufacture and sale of healthcare products for use in clinical and home settings. The Company’s brands include Kendall, Nellcor, Puritan Bennett and Valleylab, among others. It has a presence in more than 70 countries, with products sold in over 150 countries.
Receive News & Ratings for Covidien Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Covidien and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.