Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded down 4.7% against the dollar during the one day period ending at 20:00 PM E.T. on March 24th. Litecoin has a total market capitalization of $8.86 billion and approximately $287.07 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 4.9% higher against the dollar. One Litecoin coin can now be purchased for $158.86 or 0.01868310 BTC on major exchanges including xBTCe, Bitcoin Indonesia, Kraken and Koinim.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 14.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0444 or 0.00000522 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0035 or 0.00000042 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 2.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00004401 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 6.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00004363 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 4.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.47 or 0.00005567 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded down 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.30 or 0.00015333 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 2.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0958 or 0.00001127 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 9.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.81 or 0.00021301 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 13.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002645 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00001186 BTC.
Litecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: CoolCoin, Bit2C, OpenLedger DEX, Coinrail, Exmo, OkCoin Intl., Gate.io, CoinEx, Trade Satoshi, NIX-E, BX Thailand, Cryptomate, Bitmaszyna, Qryptos, CoinFalcon, BitKonan, BitBay, DSX, Cryptox, Gatecoin, FreiExchange, Bisq, The Rock Trading, CoinExchange, Abucoins, EXX, Upbit, CryptoBridge, Exrates, BigONE, Bittylicious, Bleutrade, Huobi, Bitsane, Coinut, Coinroom, Bitfinex, BitGrail, OKCoin.cn, Koineks, Cryptopia, BtcTrade.im, GOPAX, Allcoin, CoinsBank, LocalTrade, BCEX, Bitbank, Livecoin, BitMarket, Braziliex, Coinsquare, Bit-Z, Mr. Exchange, BTC-Alpha, xBTCe, Altcoin Trader, Bitso, LiteBit.eu, C-CEX, Binance, SouthXchange, Tidex, Koinim, Bits Blockchain, Stocks.Exchange, RippleFox, ZB.COM, Bibox, Coinone, OKEx, Waves Decentralized Exchange, YoBit, Mercado Bitcoin, Tripe Dice Exchange, BTC Trade UA, CoinEgg, TOPBTC, HitBTC, Liqui, Bitlish, WEX, Bitstamp, GDAX, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bitinka, BitFlip, TDAX, Koinex, AEX, BTC Markets, Bithumb, Dgtmarket, Kucoin, Tux Exchange, Coingi, COSS, Coinhouse, Kraken, VirtacoinWorld, Bittrex, QuadrigaCX, Mercatox, Negocie Coins, Poloniex, Coinbene, BITHOLIC, RightBTC and ChaoEX. Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Coinbase or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.