News articles about Sorrento Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRNE) have been trending somewhat positive recently, Accern reports. The research firm scores the sentiment of press coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Sorrento Therapeutics earned a daily sentiment score of 0.08 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned media coverage about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 46.0170142203403 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company’s share price in the next few days.
Here are some of the headlines that may have effected Accern Sentiment’s rankings:
- Notable Runners: Conagra Brands, Inc., (NYSE: CAG), Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc., (NASDAQ: SRNE) – StocksNewsPro (press release) (stocksnewspro.com)
- Overwhelming Stocks: Newmont Mining Corporation, (NYSE: NEM), Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc., (NASDAQ: SRNE) – Global Export Lines (press release) (globalexportlines.com)
- Oppenheimer Comments on Sorrento Therapeutics Inc’s Q1 2018 Earnings (SRNE) (americanbankingnews.com)
- Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: SRNE), H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE: HRB) – HYPE AND FACTS ABOUT: – Production Investments (press release) (productioninvestments.com)
- Fluctuating Stocks: Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc., (NASDAQ: SRNE … – StocksNewsPro (press release) (stocksnewspro.com)
Shares of SRNE stock opened at $6.90 on Friday. The firm has a market capitalization of $708.22, a P/E ratio of -13.53 and a beta of 2.05. Sorrento Therapeutics has a 1 year low of $1.50 and a 1 year high of $10.65. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.03, a current ratio of 0.38 and a quick ratio of 0.54.
In other news, major shareholder Abg Management Ltd sold 70,721 shares of Sorrento Therapeutics stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, February 5th. The stock was sold at an average price of $8.00, for a total value of $565,768.00. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available through this link. Also, major shareholder Pacific Medtech (Bvi) Ltd Asia sold 684,288 shares of Sorrento Therapeutics stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, January 24th. The stock was sold at an average price of $7.56, for a total value of $5,173,217.28. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last quarter, insiders sold 1,215,009 shares of company stock worth $9,185,885. Corporate insiders own 5.00% of the company’s stock.
About Sorrento Therapeutics
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the discovery, acquisition, development and commercialization of drug therapeutics. Its primary therapeutic focus is oncology, including the treatment of chronic cancer pain. It is also developing therapeutic products for other indications, including immunology and infectious diseases.
Receive News & Ratings for Sorrento Therapeutics Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Sorrento Therapeutics and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.