Media stories about Energy XXI Gulf Coast (NASDAQ:EXXI) have trended somewhat positive on Monday, Accern reports. The research group identifies positive and negative news coverage by reviewing more than twenty million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Energy XXI Gulf Coast earned a media sentiment score of 0.24 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave news articles about the oil and gas producer an impact score of 46.0697888307264 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company’s share price in the near term.
These are some of the news articles that may have impacted Accern Sentiment’s analysis:
- Energy XXI Gulf Coast Will Drill Six New Wells in 2018 – New Ticker as of Mar. 21: EGC (oilandgas360.com)
- Energy XXI plunges as losses widen in the fourth quarter (proactiveinvestors.co.uk)
- Does Energy XXI Gulf Coast Inc’s (NASDAQ:EXXI) Earnings Growth Make It An Outperformer? (finance.yahoo.com)
- Energy XXI Gulf Coast, Inc. to Host Earnings Call (finance.yahoo.com)
- Energy XXI Gulf Coast Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial and Operational Results (markets.financialcontent.com)
EXXI has been the topic of a number of research analyst reports. Zacks Investment Research lowered shares of Energy XXI Gulf Coast from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a research report on Monday, January 8th. ValuEngine lowered shares of Energy XXI Gulf Coast from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating in a research report on Tuesday, December 5th.
About Energy XXI Gulf Coast
Energy XXI Gulf Coast, Inc (EGC) is an independent oil and natural gas development and production company which was focused on development drilling on the Company’s core properties. The Company’s properties are located in the United States Gulf of Mexico waters and the Gulf Coast onshore. The Company operates nine oilfields on the Gulf of Mexico Shelf.
Receive News & Ratings for Energy XXI Gulf Coast Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Energy XXI Gulf Coast and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.