News stories about Eastern (NASDAQ:EML) have been trending somewhat positive recently, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research firm ranks the sentiment of press coverage by reviewing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Eastern earned a media sentiment score of 0.10 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned headlines about the industrial products company an impact score of 45.5203311256906 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the near term.
Here are some of the headlines that may have impacted Accern Sentiment Analysis’s rankings:
- JBS USA to Host Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2017 Earnings Conference Call March 30, 2018 (markets.financialcontent.com)
- BRIEF-FAT Brands Continues Middle Eastern Push With Second Buffalo’s Cafe Opening In Qatar (feeds.reuters.com)
- Propper Joins “Bigs In Blue” as Signature Sponsor (prweb.com)
- Mercy Corps: Conditions in Eastern Ghouta Worsen by the Day (prweb.com)
- ASV Holdings, Inc. Will Report Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results on March 22, 2018 (markets.financialcontent.com)
Separately, TheStreet cut Eastern from a “b” rating to a “c+” rating in a research note on Friday, February 9th.
The business also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, March 15th. Shareholders of record on Thursday, March 1st will be paid a dividend of $0.11 per share. This represents a $0.44 annualized dividend and a yield of 1.55%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, February 28th. Eastern’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently 55.70%.
Eastern Company Profile
The Eastern Company manufactures and sells industrial hardware, security products and metal products from over six United States operations and seven foreign subsidiaries. The Company maintains over 13 physical locations. It operates through three segments: Industrial Hardware, Security Products and Metal Products.
Receive News & Ratings for Eastern Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Eastern and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.