A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Capella Education (NASDAQ: CPLA) recently:
- 3/7/2018 – Capella Education was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 3/7/2018 – Capella Education was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $95.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Capella’s fourth-quarter earnings missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate, while revenues met the same. The bottom line declined 11.3% year over year. Revenues improved 0.7% from the year-ago quarter’s level, despite declining enrollment. Capella University’s total active enrollment fell 1% and new enrollment increased 5.7% on a year-over-year basis. This apart, the announcement of the merger between Strayer Education and Capella’s hogged the limelight. The companies will combine in an all-stock deal of equal transactions, expected to close in the third quarter of 2018. Post completion, Capella’s shareholders will own approximately 48% of the combined company on a fully diluted basis. The merger is likely to ensure student success and positive employment outcomes.”
- 3/5/2018 – Capella Education was upgraded by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating.
- 3/5/2018 – Capella Education had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barrington Research.
- 3/4/2018 – Capella Education was upgraded by analysts at First Analysis from an “equal weight” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $98.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $92.00.
- 3/2/2018 – Capella Education had its price target lowered by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $98.00 to $83.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 3/1/2018 – Capella Education was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “b” rating to a “c+” rating.
- 2/5/2018 – Capella Education was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 1/23/2018 – Capella Education was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $90.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Capella University’s educational programs are specifically designed to meet the educational needs of working adults in targeted professions. Continuous innovation and course updates expand its product portfolio, which in turn boost enrollments and drive long-term growth. Meanwhile, Strayer Education and Capella announced an all-stock merger deal of equal transactions, expected to close in the third quarter of 2018. The merger is expected to ensure student success and positive employment outcomes. However, Capella has been witnessing a negative enrollment trend for its doctoral program. Capella’s shares have also underperformed the industry in the last one year.”
Shares of Capella Education (CPLA) opened at $88.40 on Wednesday. Capella Education has a 52-week low of $65.15 and a 52-week high of $99.25. The stock has a market capitalization of $1,030.00, a price-to-earnings ratio of 41.50, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.47 and a beta of 0.45.
Capella Education (NASDAQ:CPLA) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, March 1st. The company reported $0.86 EPS for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.98 by ($0.12). Capella Education had a return on equity of 18.53% and a net margin of 5.34%. The company had revenue of $112.03 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $112.85 million. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned $0.97 earnings per share. Capella Education’s revenue was up .6% on a year-over-year basis. analysts anticipate that Capella Education will post 4.22 EPS for the current fiscal year.
Capella Education Company is an education services company. The Company provides direct path between learning and employment through its online postsecondary education offerings and through programs to develop job-ready skills for demand markets. The company’s segments include post-secondary segment and job-ready skills segment.
Receive News & Ratings for Capella Education Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Capella Education and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.