Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded down 7.8% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 17:00 PM ET on March 13th. One Peercoin coin can now be bought for approximately $2.16 or 0.00023801 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Poloniex, HitBTC, Bittylicious and WEX. In the last week, Peercoin has traded 22.7% lower against the dollar. Peercoin has a market capitalization of $53.24 million and $729,943.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $9,157.34 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1,059.90 or 0.11628800 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 0.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.39 or 0.00026225 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $3.76 or 0.00041210 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 3.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $83.43 or 0.00919507 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded down 19.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $16.46 or 0.00181396 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 5.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.91 or 0.00020907 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $156.42 or 0.01716200 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Buying and Selling Peercoin
Peercoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Livecoin, YoBit, Bittylicious, Tux Exchange, SouthXchange, Bit-Z, Bleutrade, Poloniex, Cryptopia, OpenLedger DEX, HitBTC, BX Thailand, Coingi, The Rock Trading, LiteBit.eu, WEX and Bittrex. It is not currently possible to purchase Peercoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Peercoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.