Steem Dollars (CURRENCY:SBD) traded down 1% against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 7:00 AM E.T. on March 13th. Steem Dollars has a market cap of $27.88 million and $4.19 million worth of Steem Dollars was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Steem Dollars coin can currently be bought for $2.64 or 0.00029520 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Poloniex, Bittrex, OpenLedger DEX and Tidex. During the last seven days, Steem Dollars has traded 26% lower against the US dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 7.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9,089.06 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 10.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,009.70 or 0.11220600 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.52 or 0.00028018 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded down 7.1% against the dollar and now trades at $3.67 or 0.00040748 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 4.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $85.42 or 0.00949251 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded down 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- Peercoin (PPC) traded 11.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.28 or 0.00025347 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 1.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $16.97 or 0.00188618 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 14.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.93 or 0.00021618 BTC.
Steem Dollars Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Steem Backed Dollars or simply Steem Dollars are stable value pegged assets issued in the Steem.it platform. SBD are pegged to the value of the USD and can be redeemed on the Steem.it platform for about one dollar worth of Steem. When Content creators receive rewards on the Steem.it platform they are made available in 50% Steem Power, which can be redeemed continuously over a period of 104 weeks, and 50% SBD which can be fully redeemed for Steem in a 5 day period. SBD can also be transfered on the Steem Platform and can be exchanged outside of the Platform. “
Buying and Selling Steem Dollars
Steem Dollars can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: OpenLedger DEX, Poloniex, HitBTC, Tidex and Bittrex. It is not possible to buy Steem Dollars directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Steem Dollars must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Steem Dollars using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Dollars Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem Dollars and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.