Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded down 3.8% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 21:00 PM Eastern on March 12th. During the last week, Ripple has traded down 17.5% against the dollar. One Ripple coin can now be bought for approximately $0.80 or 0.00008703 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Exrates, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Bittrex and Kraken. Ripple has a market capitalization of $31.28 billion and $355.57 million worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- NEO (NEO) traded 6.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $86.49 or 0.00940773 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00003189 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded 3.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.34 or 0.00014590 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0363 or 0.00000395 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00010879 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 4.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.06 or 0.00044139 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $8.11 or 0.00088257 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 4.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $17.34 or 0.00188667 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded 2.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $814.46 or 0.08859430 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ripple positions itself as a complement to, rather than a competitor with, Bitcoin – the site has a page dedicated to Ripple for bitcoiners. Ripple is a distributed network which means transactions occur immediately across the network – and as it is peer to peer – the network is resilient to systemic risk. Ripples aren't mined – unlike bitcoin and its peers – but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP which adds a deflationary measure into the system. There are 100 billion XRP at present.”
Buying and Selling Ripple
Ripple can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Tripe Dice Exchange, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Coinone, BitFlip, Cryptomate, CEX.IO, Qryptos, Altcoin Trader, BTC Markets, RippleFox, AEX, Exmo, Bittrex, Bitinka, Ripple China, Coinrail, Upbit, Koinex, Bitfinex, LiteBit.eu, Bits Blockchain, Gatehub, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bitsane, Kraken, CoinEgg, Bitbank, Korbit, Coinbene, Huobi, Binance, Abucoins, BX Thailand, Gate.io, Poloniex, Bitstamp, Mr. Exchange, ZB.COM, BCEX, Exrates, The Rock Trading, Bitso, HitBTC, Bithumb and Rippex. It is not possible to purchase Ripple directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ripple must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Ripple using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ripple and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.