Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 4.1% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 17:00 PM E.T. on February 28th. In the last seven days, Monero has traded 6.6% lower against the U.S. dollar. Monero has a market cap of $4.60 billion and approximately $50.60 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Monero coin can now be purchased for $291.40 or 0.02767200 BTC on exchanges including Livecoin, HitBTC, Braziliex and Cryptox.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 8.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0047 or 0.00000044 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 10.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0173 or 0.00000163 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded down 9.7% against the dollar and now trades at $3.21 or 0.00030460 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded down 8.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.34 or 0.00012709 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded down 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00026539 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.04 or 0.00009830 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded down 9.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0089 or 0.00000085 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 10.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00001412 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Tux Exchange, Braziliex, Exrates, Bisq, Kraken, Cryptopia, Bithumb, SouthXchange, Bitfinex, Coinroom, Cryptox, LiteBit.eu, HitBTC, Gate.io, Abucoins, OKEx, Qryptos, Poloniex, Exmo, Upbit, Livecoin, BTC-Alpha, Binance, Mercatox, Bittrex and Cryptomate. It is not possible to buy Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.