Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded up 12.2% against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 22:00 PM E.T. on February 25th. In the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 5.9% higher against the dollar. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $12.83 billion and approximately $1.22 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Litecoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $231.68 or 0.02378940 BTC on popular exchanges including BitMarket, ZB.COM, Bits Blockchain and BITHOLIC.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded up 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0587 or 0.00000603 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0063 or 0.00000064 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 1.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00003364 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded up 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.59 or 0.00006055 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.28 or 0.00013094 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 9.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.09 or 0.00021491 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.53 or 0.00046578 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 0.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00001604 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 2.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00003250 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.71 or 0.00027873 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bit-Z, Abucoins, QuadrigaCX, Coinrail, LiteBit.eu, Kucoin, Koinex, GDAX, CoinEx, Koinim, Tidex, Bisq, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Coinone, Bitsane, BX Thailand, Mr. Exchange, Liqui, TDAX, Bittrex, Huobi, Kraken, DSX, Negocie Coins, Bitso, TOPBTC, CoolCoin, Allcoin, Coinut, C-CEX, Koineks, ChaoEX, Coinbene, HitBTC, Mercatox, BigONE, FreiExchange, WEX, BitBay, SouthXchange, LocalTrade, BCEX, BTC-Alpha, BTC Trade UA, Bitmaszyna, BITHOLIC, Trade Satoshi, Bleutrade, YoBit, Gatecoin, OpenLedger DEX, Bitinka, BitGrail, Tux Exchange, Bits Blockchain, Cryptomate, GOPAX, Coinhouse, Bitlish, BtcTrade.im, OKCoin.cn, BTC Markets, Coinsquare, Bittylicious, CoinsBank, Bibox, Coingi, Braziliex, Bitfinex, VirtacoinWorld, Binance, ZB.COM, RightBTC, COSS, Bitstamp, The Rock Trading, Exmo, CoinExchange, Upbit, OKEx, Altcoin Trader, CoinEgg, Bitbank, Exrates, Cryptopia, EXX, NIX-E, Gate.io, Poloniex, RippleFox, Stocks.Exchange, Qryptos, BitMarket, CoinFalcon, Bithumb, AEX, Cryptox, BitFlip, Livecoin, Dgtmarket, OkCoin Intl., xBTCe, Mercado Bitcoin, Bitcoin Indonesia, BitKonan, Bit2C, Tripe Dice Exchange, CryptoBridge and Coinroom. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.