Aetna (NYSE: AET) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 8/9/2017 – Aetna had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald. They now have a $175.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $150.00.
- 8/7/2017 – Aetna had its price target raised by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from $157.00 to $163.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 8/4/2017 – Aetna had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada from $162.00 to $171.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 8/4/2017 – Aetna had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $163.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $157.00.
- 7/31/2017 – Aetna was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/19/2017 – Aetna was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/13/2017 – Aetna had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group. They now have a $165.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $160.00.
- 7/13/2017 – Aetna had its price target raised by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from $144.00 to $157.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 7/4/2017 – Aetna was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $170.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Aetna expects long-term growth from its Government business. Cost-reduction initiatives, growing ACO collaborations pave the way for long-term growth. A strong balance sheet is another positive. Following a strong first quarter results, Aetna increased its earnings guidance. Year to date, the stock of Aetna has outperformed the Zacks categorized Medical Health Maintenance Organization industry. The stock has also witnessed an upward revision in earning estimates over the past 60 days. However, Aetna’s merger with Humana, which would have raised its rank in the industry, has been called off. Aetna has also been incurring losses in its public exchange business and has been exiting exchanges to avoid losses from this business. Furthermore, its membership growth remains under pressure. Increasing medical benefit ratios are also likely to hurt margins.”
- 6/28/2017 – Aetna is now covered by analysts at Citigroup Inc.. They set a “buy” rating and a $180.00 price target on the stock.
Aetna Inc. (NYSE AET) opened at 152.42 on Friday. Aetna Inc. has a 1-year low of $104.59 and a 1-year high of $161.69. The stock’s 50 day moving average price is $154.28 and its 200 day moving average price is $138.79. The company has a market cap of $50.62 billion, a P/E ratio of 33.83 and a beta of 0.54.
Aetna (NYSE:AET) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August 3rd. The company reported $3.42 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $2.34 by $1.08. Aetna had a return on equity of 20.52% and a net margin of 2.52%. The company had revenue of $15.52 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $15.34 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $2.21 earnings per share. Aetna’s revenue was down 2.7% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, equities analysts anticipate that Aetna Inc. will post $9.46 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, July 28th. Investors of record on Thursday, July 13th were issued a $0.50 dividend. This represents a $2.00 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.31%. The ex-dividend date was Tuesday, July 11th. Aetna’s payout ratio is currently 43.67%.
In related news, EVP Margaret M. Mccarthy sold 27,028 shares of Aetna stock in a transaction on Wednesday, June 7th. The stock was sold at an average price of $149.23, for a total value of $4,033,388.44. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now owns 33,563 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $5,008,606.49. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this hyperlink. Also, Chairman Mark T. Bertolini sold 103,547 shares of Aetna stock in a transaction on Wednesday, May 17th. The stock was sold at an average price of $140.79, for a total value of $14,578,382.13. Following the completion of the sale, the chairman now directly owns 659,888 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $92,905,631.52. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders own 0.90% of the company’s stock.
Aetna Inc is a diversified healthcare benefits company. The Company operates through three segments: Health Care, Group Insurance and Large Case Pensions. It offers a range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, medical management capabilities, Medicaid healthcare management services, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans, workers’ compensation administrative services and health information technology (HIT) products and services.
Receive News & Ratings for Aetna Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Aetna Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.