Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for MetLife (NYSE: MET):
- 8/9/2017 – MetLife had its price target lowered by analysts at Argus from $60.00 to $55.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/9/2017 – MetLife was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/9/2017 – MetLife was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of MetLife have underperformed the industry year to date. Its second-quarter earnings beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate and grew year over year driven by continued expense discipline and higher fees from improved equity markets. Persistent decline in MetLife’s revenues for more than two years bothers us. Pressure on premium from currency volatility, competitive market conditions and the exit of certain businesses will further suppress revenue growth. Charges related to the BrightHouse Financial spinoff will drain the company’s earnings in the coming quarters. The company’s return on equity also compared unfavorably with the S&P 500, reflecting its inefficient utilization of funds. The stock has witnessed a downward revision in the Zacks Consensus Estimate for 2017 earnings in the past seven days.”
- 8/7/2017 – MetLife had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company.
- 8/3/2017 – MetLife had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a $59.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/24/2017 – MetLife is now covered by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co. They set a “hold” rating and a $78.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/24/2017 – MetLife was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/24/2017 – MetLife was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c” rating to a “b-” rating.
- 7/12/2017 – MetLife had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $62.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/12/2017 – MetLife had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company. They now have a $63.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $61.00.
- 7/7/2017 – MetLife was given a new $51.00 price target on by analysts at Citigroup Inc.. They now have a “sell” rating on the stock.
- 7/1/2017 – MetLife had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company.
- 6/29/2017 – MetLife was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/27/2017 – MetLife was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE MET) traded down 3.25% during midday trading on Thursday, hitting $46.74. 7,666,348 shares of the company traded hands. MetLife, Inc. has a 12-month low of $35.21 and a 12-month high of $51.77. The firm has a market capitalization of $49.68 billion, a PE ratio of 549.88 and a beta of 1.46. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $48.79 and its 200-day moving average is $47.33.
MetLife (NYSE:MET) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, August 2nd. The financial services provider reported $1.30 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.28 by $0.02. MetLife had a net margin of 0.30% and a return on equity of 8.51%. The company had revenue of $17.39 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $17.11 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $0.83 earnings per share. The firm’s revenue was up 2.5% compared to the same quarter last year. Analysts anticipate that MetLife, Inc. will post $4.87 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The business also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Wednesday, September 13th. Stockholders of record on Monday, August 7th will be given a dividend of $0.40 per share. This represents a $1.60 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 3.42%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, August 3rd. MetLife’s dividend payout ratio is 1,777.98%.
MetLife, Inc is a provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management. The Company’s segments include U.S.; Asia; Latin America; Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA); MetLife Holdings; Brighthouse Financial, and Corporate & Other. Its U.S. segment is organized into Group Benefits, Retirement and Income Solutions and Property & Casualty businesses.
Receive News & Ratings for MetLife Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for MetLife Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.