Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Carbonite (NASDAQ: CARB):
- 8/7/2017 – Carbonite had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at B. Riley. They now have a $26.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/4/2017 – Carbonite was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “d+” rating to a “c+” rating.
- 8/4/2017 – Carbonite had its “equal weight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $27.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $26.00.
- 8/2/2017 – Carbonite had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at B. Riley. They now have a $26.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/12/2017 – Carbonite was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/6/2017 – Carbonite was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/26/2017 – Carbonite is now covered by analysts at Barclays PLC. They set an “equal weight” rating and a $26.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ:CARB) opened at 20.85 on Thursday. The company has a 50 day moving average price of $22.58 and a 200 day moving average price of $20.51. Carbonite, Inc. has a one year low of $12.81 and a one year high of $24.60. The company has a market cap of $573.21 million, a P/E ratio of 69.27 and a beta of 0.13.
Carbonite (NASDAQ:CARB) last released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August 3rd. The technology company reported $0.15 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.12 by $0.03. Carbonite had a return on equity of 36.43% and a net margin of 0.29%. The company had revenue of $59 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $59.97 million. During the same period in the prior year, the company posted $0.19 EPS. The company’s revenue was up 10.5% compared to the same quarter last year. Equities research analysts expect that Carbonite, Inc. will post $0.76 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Carbonite news, insider Cassandra Hudson sold 2,018 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Tuesday, June 13th. The stock was sold at an average price of $21.27, for a total transaction of $42,922.86. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available at this link. Also, CFO Anthony Folger sold 23,355 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Thursday, June 8th. The stock was sold at an average price of $19.70, for a total value of $460,093.50. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last quarter, insiders sold 59,987 shares of company stock worth $1,229,157. Corporate insiders own 12.20% of the company’s stock.
Carbonite, Inc provides data protection solutions, including cloud, hybrid and on-premise backup and restore, disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) and e-mail archiving. The Company’s solutions provide enterprise-grade data protection and recovery capabilities to its customers. The Company’s small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) plans include Carbonite Computer Backup; Carbonite Server Backup, such as Carbonite Office Power and Carbonite Office Ultimate; EVault Cloud Backup; DRaaS, and e-mail archiving.
Receive News & Ratings for Carbonite Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Carbonite Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.