Agenus (NASDAQ: AGEN) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 8/4/2017 – Agenus had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $7.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/2/2017 – Agenus was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/24/2017 – Agenus was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/24/2017 – Agenus was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/8/2017 – Agenus was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 7/5/2017 – Agenus was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $4.50 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Agenus' collaboration agreements with players like Incyte and Merck not only validate its technology platforms but also provide the company with funds. In fact, it received a boost when Merck selected its lead antibody candidate and several backup antibodies for an undisclosed checkpoint target. We are encouraged by Agenus’ efforts in developing Prophage vaccine for glioblastoma multiforme. In Mar 2017, the company undertook certain restructuring activities in order to cut costs and focus on developing key product candidates. However, with no approved product in its portfolio, Agenus is heavily dependent on collaborators for topline growth. Shares of the company have underperformed the Medical-Biomedical/Genetics industry year to date.”
Agenus Inc. (NASDAQ:AGEN) opened at 3.65 on Thursday. The firm has a 50-day moving average price of $4.32 and a 200 day moving average price of $3.91. The stock’s market capitalization is $361.78 million. Agenus Inc. has a 12 month low of $3.20 and a 12 month high of $7.49.
Agenus (NASDAQ:AGEN) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August 3rd. The biotechnology company reported ($0.32) earnings per share for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of ($0.36) by $0.04. The company had revenue of $4.21 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $6.66 million. Agenus had a negative return on equity of 37,577.49% and a negative net margin of 280.96%. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was down 36.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted ($0.33) earnings per share. Equities analysts anticipate that Agenus Inc. will post ($1.17) earnings per share for the current year.
Agenus Inc (Agenus) is an immuno-oncology (I-O) company. The Company focuses on the discovery and development of therapies that engage the body’s immune system to fight cancer. It is developing a I-O portfolio driven by platforms and programs, such as antibody discovery platforms, including Retrocyte Display, SECANT yeast display and phage display technologies designed to produce human antibodies; antibody candidate programs, including checkpoint modulator (CPM) programs; vaccine programs, including Prophage, AutoSynVax and PhosPhoSynVax, and saponin-based vaccine adjuvants, principally QS-21 Stimulon adjuvant (QS-21 Stimulon).
Receive News & Ratings for Agenus Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Agenus Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.