Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of BB&T Corp. (NYSE: BBT) in the last few weeks:
- 10/11/2016 – BB&T Corp. was downgraded by analysts at FBR & Co from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating. They now have a $40.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $45.00.
- 10/11/2016 – BB&T Corp. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $40.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/28/2016 – BB&T Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $42.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/23/2016 – BB&T Corp. had its price target raised by analysts at Credit Agricole SA from $35.00 to $42.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 9/14/2016 – BB&T Corp. was given a new $42.00 price target on by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
BB&T Corp. (NYSE:BBT) traded up 0.36% during mid-day trading on Wednesday, hitting $38.89. 1,067,297 shares of the stock traded hands. BB&T Corp. has a 12-month low of $29.95 and a 12-month high of $39.47. The firm has a market cap of $31.68 billion, a PE ratio of 15.01 and a beta of 1.03. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $38.09 and a 200 day moving average price of $36.15.
BB&T Corp. (NYSE:BBT) last announced its earnings results on Thursday, July 21st. The company reported $0.71 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.66 by $0.05. BB&T Corp. had a net margin of 20.11% and a return on equity of 9.12%. The business had revenue of $2.79 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.73 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm posted $0.69 earnings per share. BB&T Corp.’s revenue was up 17.7% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, analysts expect that BB&T Corp. will post $2.76 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In related news, Director I. Patricia Henry sold 1,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Thursday, September 1st. The shares were sold at an average price of $38.13, for a total transaction of $38,130.00. Following the transaction, the director now owns 8,090 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $308,471.70. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this hyperlink. Also, Chairman Kelly S. King sold 46,216 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Monday, July 25th. The stock was sold at an average price of $36.76, for a total transaction of $1,698,900.16. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Corporate insiders own 0.88% of the company’s stock.
Receive News & Ratings for BB&T Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for BB&T Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.