A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for AMC Networks (NASDAQ: AMCX):
- 9/25/2016 – AMC Networks had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Albert Fried & Company. They now have a $76.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/22/2016 – AMC Networks had its price target lowered by analysts at Nomura from $70.00 to $63.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/17/2016 – AMC Networks was given a new $89.00 price target on by analysts at Credit Agricole SA. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/15/2016 – AMC Networks was downgraded by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $60.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $70.00.
- 9/12/2016 – AMC Networks had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group.
- 9/6/2016 – AMC Networks had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Loop Capital. They now have a $60.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/22/2016 – AMC Networks had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group.
- 8/10/2016 – AMC Networks was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “AMC Networks Inc. is engaged in producing programming and movie content. It owns and operates various cable televisions. Its programming networks include AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv, and IFC films. The AMC is a television network which focuses on the original programming and movie-based entertainment. IFC creates long and short-form content inspired by music, web, gaming, animation, news, and culture. The Sundance Channel is the television destination for independent-minded viewers. The WE tv is the women’s network specially devoted to the relationships during life’s defining moments. The IFC films consist of multiple brands that bring specialty films to the largest possible audience. AMC Networks Inc. is headquartered in New York, New York. “
- 8/9/2016 – AMC Networks is now covered by analysts at Loop Capital. They set a “hold” rating on the stock.
Shares of AMC Networks Inc. (NASDAQ:AMCX) traded up 1.26% during trading on Wednesday, hitting $53.04. 203,511 shares of the stock were exchanged. AMC Networks Inc. has a 1-year low of $49.93 and a 1-year high of $83.78. The firm’s 50-day moving average is $53.16 and its 200 day moving average is $59.42. The company has a market cap of $3.79 billion, a P/E ratio of 11.04 and a beta of 0.84.
AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August 4th. The company reported $1.28 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, meeting the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.28. AMC Networks had a net margin of 13.08% and a return on equity of 1,153.89%. The company had revenue of $685 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $676.87 million. During the same period last year, the company earned $1.14 earnings per share. The firm’s revenue was up 14.0% compared to the same quarter last year. Equities analysts forecast that AMC Networks Inc. will post $5.57 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
AMC Networks Inc is a holding company, which conducts all of its operations through its subsidiaries. The Company owns and operates entertainment businesses and assets. The Company operates through two segments: National Networks, and International and Other. The National Networks segment principally includes activities of its programming businesses, which include its programming networks distributed in the United States and Canada.
Receive News & Ratings for AMC Networks Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for AMC Networks Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.